We Stories is a rapidly growing nonprofit organization that uses the power of children’s literature to create conversation, change and hope in St. Louis and a stronger, more equitable and inclusive future for all.
We Stories is looking for the right person to join our team as a part-time Executive Assistant. We are seeking a candidate that is a strong and sophisticated communicator, highly organized, and experienced at implementing systems to increase efficiency.
We Stories is committed to being an anti-racist organization and seeks others who are passionate about these values. Help us find the perfect fit for a great role at a dynamic and growing start-up.
You are an organized, natural self-starter with an interest in systems and operations. You want a fun, inclusive, and entrepreneurial work environment, surrounded by a passionate team committed to diversity and identity development. An obsession with detail, the ability to anticipate problems, and a collaborative work ethic are critical in this role.
about the role
This is a part-time administrative role. This individual plays a key role in supporting our fundraising efforts and operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to succinctly and responsibly communicate what is inspiring and important about our work.
- Highly organized and motivated to create operating systems that save time and create clarity.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to initiate and multi-task while demonstrating impeccable follow through on ideas and projects.
- Interest and ability in mastering tech platforms, including Donor Databases or Constituent Relationship Management systems (we use Bloomerang), Microsoft Office, Google Drive systems and more.
Please review the full job description before applying.
Please send your responses to the two questions below, along with your resume and names of two references to firstname.lastname@example.org; review of applicants will begin 08/15/18.
Questions to include in your application:
- Describe a time that you helped something go from good to great. What was the problem you faced? How did you contribute to solving it? How did your solution hold up over time?
We acquired more than 300 donors in the last year. Our biggest opportunity and challenge is retaining those relationships and growing their support. How would you approach this problem?